test

HTML Map

Welcome!

Here are my translations of the songs by the band BUMP OF CHICKEN, from Japanese to English. I hope this lets more people appreciate the beautiful lyrics of BUMP!

Links to each song can be found in "Albums" and "Singles."

BUMP's official website is http://www.bumpofchicken.com/!

Feel free to contact me at lebarrow@earthlink.net!

Friday, March 22, 2013

My Neighbor Totoro Theme Song / となりのトトロ English Lyrics Translation


ENGLISH


My Neighbor Totoro Theme Song

Rain falls
(Wait wait)
Rain falls
Over the bus stop
He plants seeds by the lane
If their little roots (rain falls~)
Grow up (shake your hips~)
They will reveal the secret code (just as expected~)
They'll be our passport into the forest
And our mysterious journey will begin
My neighbor Totoro
Totoro 
(Mountain mountain)
Totoro
Totoro (I don't know the rest)
Na ni ni la la la
He's lived there since long ago
My neighbor Totoro (mountain mountain Totoro)
Totoro
(Mountain mountain)
Totoro
Totoro
(Forest mountain)
Deep in the mountains~
A magical encounter
(Yay! That was great!)
(Yeah~)


---------------------------------------------------------------


JAPANESE


となりのトトロ

雨降り~
(待って待って)
雨降りバス停
小道に木の実埋めて
小ちゃな根(雨降り~)
生えたら(腰振り~)
秘密の暗号(案の定~)
森へのパスポートー
不思議な冒険始まる
となりのトトロ
トトロ
(ヤマヤマ)
トトロ
トトロ(わかんねぇ)
なあにいにいら~らら~
昔から住んでる
となりのトトロ(ヤマヤマトトロ) 
トトロ
(ヤマヤマ)
トトロ
トトロ
(森山)
ヤ~マ~の中で~
不思議な出会い
(イェ~!すげぇいいよ)
(はい~)


---------------------------------------------------------------


OPINION

Using the video below I transcribed and translated BUMP OF CHICKEN's version of the theme song from the famous movie My Neighbor Totoro!! Masu is the one who keeps adding his own lines about mountains (there are no mountains in the original song) and they all mess up a lot, haha. I love Fujiwara's "yeah…" at the end. XD Listen to BUMP's cover at the link below~


No comments:

Post a Comment