test

HTML Map

Welcome!

Here are my translations of the songs by the band BUMP OF CHICKEN, from Japanese to English. I hope this lets more people appreciate the beautiful lyrics of BUMP!

Links to each song can be found in "Albums" and "Singles."

BUMP's official website is http://www.bumpofchicken.com/!

Feel free to contact me at lebarrow@earthlink.net!

Thursday, February 28, 2013

New World Summit / new world サミット


ENGLISH


New World Summit

Masu:
If I was born in a country of everlasting summer
I'd be happy
If there I met my lifelong companion
I'd be overjoyed
Swimming with the sun
Along with the fish
Talking with friends beneath the moon
I'm sure I could do it
I'm sure
I'm sure

Hiroaki: If I was born in a country at the poles
I'd be happy
If there I met the people I was destined to meet
I'd be overjoyed
We'd play shadow tag
Until our stomachs growled
And surround the dining table with friends
I'm sure I could do it

I'm sure that it would be possible

It's amazing (amazing) in the world
I've gotta hurry and make money
So that I can travel the world
Money (make it) in the sky
Jumbo jet
Here I go
Here I go
Everybody, wait for me

Naoi: If I was born in a desert country
I'd be happy
If I met people like Cleopatra there
I'd be overjoyed
Riding camels and looking for ruins
Protecting friends from enemies
Sharing precious water with friends
I'm sure I could do it

Fujiwara: If I was born in a snowy country
Everyone: I'd be happy
Fujiwara: And if there I met a peerless beauty
Everybody: I'd be overjoyed
Fujiwara: Running around
Beneath the aurora
With pure-hearted dogs
Making friends
And eating delicious borscht
I'm sure I could eat it

Naoi: I'd always be eating it
Fujiwara: We're the kind of guys who would eat it

Intellectual (fascinating) in the world
I'd pack all my things in one trunk
A bag filled with my dreams

Steam whistle (shoo puff puff) on the rail, on the sea
Alone at my window, seeking friends
Riding on a seagull

I'm sure
HEY HEY HEY
I'm sure
HO HO HO
That's right
Yeah that's right
La la la la la la whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa
Na na na na
What a wonderful feeling
Pon pon pon

Hiroaki:
Am I unhappy
With the country I was born in?
That's nonsense
Yeah… I know
Yeah
Beneath the four corners of the sky
Pushing away those who hinder me
And getting pushed away
But never slipping
Is how I've always lived

Naoi: No matter where you were born, you can definitely
Masu and Hiroaki: Yes, be happy! Happy! 
Naoi: Yeah, good
Fujiwara: Thank you!
Naoi: Yeah
Yeah, if I had a lover
All: I'd be overjoyed
Whoa!!!
Fujiwara: Though I don't have such a person now
But if I can in the future, then surely
Whoa!!!
Whoa!!!

All: It's amazing (it's stimulating) in the world, in Japan
From season to season, mountain to mountain
And all the animals
SO CUTE!!!
It's poetic (tasteful)
Ninja world
Iga! Kouga!
Come on
Come on
I'm waiting for you

So happy (overseas) all of the world
All of the world
Everybody in the world
This feeling (ride it high) in the sky
On a jumbo jet
You might be alone right now
But ride on a seagull
Let's go
Or we can
Ride on a dolphin


------------------------------------------------------------


JAPANESE


new world サミット

とこなつの国に生まれていたら
しあわせ
そこで生涯の伴侶と出会ったら
よろこび
太陽と一緒に泳いだら
ついてくる魚達
月の下語り合う友達
きっと出来る
きっと・・・
きっと・・・

白夜の国に生まれていたら
しあわせ
そこで運命の人とであったら
よろこび
めいっぱい影鬼で遊んだら
お腹が鳴ったりしてさ
食卓を囲む友達
きっとできる

きっとでくるはずだよね

素敵(素敵)in the world
ワールド旅行
早く お金ためて
お金(ためて)in the sky
ジャンボ
行くよ
行くよ
皆待っていて

砂漠の国に生まれていたら
しあわせ
そこでクレオパトラ達と出会ったら
よろこび
ラクダ達連れていせき探して
敵達から仲間達守って
貴重な水分け合う友達
きっとできる

雪の国に生まれていたら
しあわせ
そこで絶世の美女とであったら
よろこび
オーロラの下
走りまわる
無邪気な犬たち
友達の作る
おいしいボルシチ
きっと食べる

ずっと食べるはずだよね
食べるやつだよね

知的(魅力的)in the world
トランクひとつにつめた
夢をつめたカバン

汽笛(シュッポッポ)on the rail, on the sea
一人やもめ仲間求め
カモメに乗って

きっと
HEY HEY HEY
きっと
HO HO HO
だよね
そうだよね
ララララララウォウウォウウォウ・・・
na. na. na.na.
なんて素敵な気分
pon pon pon

僕の生まれた国に生まれて
ふしあわせ?
ナンセンス
un・・・わかってる
そう
四角く区切られた空の下
邪魔なだれかどけて
どけられて
あるいはいずれもしないままで
ずっと生きる

どこであろうと生まれたらぜったい
しあわせ
un・・・ 恋人がいればぜったい
よろこび
woo・・・ 
そう今はいない
けど将来的に出来たならば
woo・・・
woo・・・

素敵(刺激的)in the world in japan
四季折々の山々
それと動物達
かわいい
詩的(味覚的)
忍者world
伊賀
甲賀
おいで
おいで
僕が待ってる

うれしい(overseas)All of the world 
オールオブザワールド
世界の皆様
気持ち(乗せて)in the sky
ジャンボ
今はひとりぼっちだけど
カモメに乗って
行くよ
それか
イルカに乗って


------------------------------------------------------------


OPINION

I really can't choose a favorite hidden track, they're all so great. This one is still silly in places, but it's one of the only ones with a serious message and where all of the members individually sing!!! You can really hear each of their voices distinctly, and they're all pretty good but I feel like Fujiwara was showing off, haha. :) Shadow tag refers to a Japanese game where the person who is "it" steps on other people's shadows to get them out (http://www.misaki.rdy.jp/illust/jinbutu/kodomo/mametext/15.htm). There are some fun plays on words in this song too. The Japanese word for happy, "ureshii," sounds a bit like "overseas." "In the world" is similar to and replaced by "ninja world" in one case which then brings us to Iga and Koga, the two most famous ninja styles (http://www.igaryu.com/history_ninjutsu.html). I got the lyrics from http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q1334051658 but I made some of my own changes and additions. I labelled who is speaking when for the parts that I am 100% confident about, but the BUMP members often speak over each other and alter their voices (especially Hiroaki!!! What a goof!!! :P) and I can't always tell haha. Anyway! This song has a great message (and references to food like most of the hidden tracks.) This song is from their single R.I.P./Merry Christmas. You can listen to New World Summit at the link below! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment