test

HTML Map

Welcome!

Here are my translations of the songs by the band BUMP OF CHICKEN, from Japanese to English. I hope this lets more people appreciate the beautiful lyrics of BUMP!

Links to each song can be found in "Albums" and "Singles."

BUMP's official website is http://www.bumpofchicken.com/!

Feel free to contact me at lebarrow@earthlink.net!

Saturday, July 19, 2014

BUMP New Single & Live TV Performance!

Big news, BUMP fans!

I've been crazy busy with some unlucky events and I'm late with this news, sorry!
I was informed by Ryu about this awesome news! Ryu informs me:
Bump of Chicken will be appearing on the Music Station 3 hour special on July 25th and will be performing "Niji wo Matsu Hito" and "ray" live. This will be the first time that Bump of Chicken have ever performed live on Music Station (or any music show, I believe) in their career.  In addition, the band will be releasing a new song for digital download onAugust 1st, the day following their Tokyo Dome show (July 31st).  The song will be titled "You were here" and will be released on Recochoku and iTunes for download.

This is a huge deal since Bump were one of the bands who were very stubborn about appearing on music shows because they didn't want to shorten their songs and dull the impact of their lyrics (I imagine that probably means that Music Station agreed to let them play the full versions of both of the above songs).  Still, that plus a new song release are fairly big deals (Japanese social media is blowing up with the news). 
Source:  http://natalie.mu/music/news/121000 
This is awesome! Thanks for the information Ryu!! I'm preparing to move right now but I will be working on translating recent news and stuff as soon as I can. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment