test

HTML Map

Welcome!

Here are my translations of the songs by the band BUMP OF CHICKEN, from Japanese to English. I hope this lets more people appreciate the beautiful lyrics of BUMP!

Links to each song can be found in "Albums" and "Singles."

BUMP's official website is http://www.bumpofchicken.com/!

Feel free to contact me at lebarrow@earthlink.net!

Monday, January 7, 2013

Lily English Lyrics Translation


ENGLISH


Lily

Beneath the spotlight
Screaming out my song
Unable to convey my thoughts
I always complain
"It's bad!" and get confused
I hide away
In a locked room at night
If I empty out my pockets
What do I see?

Can you guess
Just how many complaints there are
For a single day?

Even so, you laughed
Laughed, and looked happy
Suddenly I got angry
"Listen to me seriously!" I yelled
But still you laughed
"You're cute," you said
Even if I scream
Even if I sing
I don't think those words
Will let me win

On a low stage
Desperately trying to look good
I and everyone else excel at deception
I dream
And show them a dream
I sung a song called
"Spit Out Your Boasting"
That song
Keeps beating on the door
Of the locked room in my heart

Unattractively
It threatens my song, saying
"Come out, you liar!"

Even so, you laughed
"You're cool," you said
Even though I always complain I'm not
You looked me in the eye
And said that to me
"Because that, and everything else
Is why you're cute," you said
Although I lie
And pretend
Those words
Could see through everything

I gathered up one pocket's worth of complaints
And released them to you
I realeased
The lies behind my bluffing
I threw them all out

A voice announces the last train
People rush in confusion
I hold your left hand in my right
We have to let go…

When I passed through the ticket barrier
Some words suddenly flashed in my mind
"Someone you only meet once in a lifetime"
But I say nothing
And decide to go

At the last moment I look back
There's something I want to confirm

And yes, you were laughing
Right at our parting moment
It caused me to smile too
Assuring me that we would meet again

So I'm going to sing again
Scream and sing again
And this time I'm going to use words
That I've never used before

Beneath the spotlight
On a low stage
I will add one more word
To the things I didn't say
At the ticket barrier that time

Call it
"The Once-in-a-Lifetime Lover"
Because this song
Came knocking at the door of my heart
And fills me with pride


---------------------------------------------------------------------------


JAPANESE


リリィ

スポットライトの下
自分を叫び唄った
思う様に伝わらなくて
その度にこぼれる弱音を
「今はマズい!」と慌てて
その場は巧く隠して
真夜中鍵かけた部屋
膨れたポケット裏返すと
ホラ

出てくる弱音の数
1日分
想像つくかい?

ところが君は笑った
幸せそうに笑った
当然僕は怒った
「真面目に聞けよ!」って怒鳴り散らした
それでも君は笑った
「かわいいヒトね」と言った
叫んでも
唄っても
その一言には
勝てる気がしない

低いステージの上
必死で格好つけた
自分もヒトも上手に騙し
夢を見て
夢を見せた
「大言壮語も吐いてやろう」
そういう歌も唄った
心の中鍵かけた部屋
その歌が
ドアを叩き続ける

「出てこいウソツキめ!」と
自分の歌に格好悪く
脅されるんだ

ところが君は笑った
「格好いいよ」と言った
これだけ僕が愚痴っても
僕の目を見て
そんな言葉をくれた
「そういうトコロも全部
かわいいヒトね」と言った
ツクっても
気取っても
その一言には
全て見られていた

ポケット一杯の弱音を
集めて君に放った
強がりの裏のウソを
放った
ぶちまけた

終電を告げる放送
慌てて駆けて行く人
右手に君の左手
もう離さなきゃ

改札を抜ける時
「最初で最後のヒト」
そんな言葉が浮かんだ
言わないで
行くとしよう

最後に振り返ろう
確かめたいコトがあるんだ

やっぱり君は笑った
別れの傍で笑った
つられて僕も笑った
「また会えるから」って確かめるように

やっぱり僕は唄うよ
もう一度叫び唄うよ
今まで一度も使うことのなかった 言葉を混ぜて

スポットライトの下
低いステージの上
改札で言わなかった
あの言葉に
もう一つ言葉を混ぜて

こう呼ばせてくれないか
「最初で最後の恋人」
この歌が
部屋のドアを叩きに来たって
胸を張れるから


---------------------------------------------------------------------------


OPINION

This song is from the year 2000 so it's in BUMP's rougher, earlier style. It's one of my favorites of their early songs… The band members were only around 21 at the time! I still don't know why it's called Lily… Possibly that's the name of the laughing friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment